Thursday, July 14, 2016

Titanium White and Cerulean Blue on Palette (no.135)

5" x 7" x 1.5", oil on masonite panel

SOLD

My second self-referential, "painting about painting" piece after the last one of my brush cleaning jar. This, like the jar, was incredibly fun to paint and as a result felt like it got finished in no time at all. The simple concept of painting paint using that specific paint with which to paint it is pretty awesome (it also makes choosing your colors a no-brainer, although I did mix in some ultramarine for the blob of cerulean and burnt sienna for the white). It presented me with an array of new mark-making techniques to explore and I think projects like this are becoming increasingly important for me as they add new challenges to the mix. The paint blobs and the palette glass, like the brush cleaning jar, are things I find much physical beauty in and feel are worthy of tribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment