Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Izzy on Oriental Rug (no.134)

5" x 7" x 1.5", oil on masonite panel


I see this scene or one similar to it multiple times a day while walking through the kitchen to and from my studio, so at this point it feels like a significant part of my daily life and I attempted to capture it. If you are a full-time artist working from home and you do not have a cat, I highly suggest you get one to keep the cabin fever from completely driving you nuts. Not all cats will make a difference, but luckily Izzy is charismatic and vocal enough to help me stave off the feeling that I'm completely isolated during the day (I've told myself that when I start talking to her and she talks back, it's time to consider getting out more). She is always a great model because she barely moves and I particularly enjoyed painting the white tufts of fur illuminated by the afternoon light. The two rugs underneath her in this scene also seemed to blend seamlessly with her natural aura of elegance.

No comments:

Post a Comment