Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Gold Leaf Mirror, Delftware Finial and Dried Rose (no.90)

7.95" x 7.95" x 3/4", oil on masonite

SOLD


If you'd like to purchase a print of this painting, please feel free to visit my Etsy shop!

The still life is composed of a few items passed down from generations on my mom's side of the family and are set on the mantel of our fireplace.  The mirror cutting into the top left is a gold leaf painted oval mirror that was a housewarming gift from my great great grandparents to my great grandparents circa 1920s, and the blue and white finial was once fit onto a hanging lamp in my mother's childhood bedroom - she liked it enough that she brought it with her when her and my dad bought the house.  The dried rose was a gift to her from my dad's business partners after our second dog died.  The mantel is located in what used to be a family room but was converted into my parent's room years ago.  I have many good memories of sitting in the family room during the winter and watching christmas movies with my sister, or as a family, with a warm fire going.

This is how it would look framed (actual painting does not include frame):




No comments:

Post a Comment