Thursday, August 2, 2012

Overcast Morning, Lake Monomanoc, New Hampshire (no.80)

7.95" x 7.95" x 3/4", oil on masonite

SOLD

If you'd like to purchase a print of this painting, please feel free to visit my Etsy shop!

A scene I captured from the backyard of the lake house in Rindge, New Hampshire.  I was really attracted to rich green-blue color in the trees and bushes that this photo yielded and the flowers in the foreground gave the scene life.  I tried to experiment with some lighting effects with the sky and the light cast over the tops of the trees, which I also attempted to a lesser degree in "Broadmoor Field 2" by lightening the color of the tree tops with more white than the rest of the background to create a (hopefully) subtle glare effect.


This is how it would look framed (actual painting does not include frame):



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I love the smokey tones in the distant shore. I've vacationed near Rindge too- and painted around the area.

    ReplyDelete