Saturday, August 18, 2012

Lakehouse Dining Room, Lake Monomanoc, NH (no.82)

7.95" x 7.95" x 3/4", oil on masonite

SOLD

If you'd like to purchase a print of this painting, please feel free to visit my Etsy shop!

I've always appreciated this room in the lakehouse with its high ceiling, various ornaments and beautiful lighting coming through the 8 large windows facing the lake.  The paper lamp especially always caught my eye as I love painting white objects with subtle gradations, and the large dark burnt sienna rug hung high up on the wall also appealed to my aesthetic tastes in a very different way.  I decided to capture it all in a painting, attempting to include all of my favorite elements kind of colliding together at the center of the composition.


This is how it would look framed (actual painting does not include frame):



No comments:

Post a Comment