Thursday, July 12, 2012

View Across Lake Monomanoc, New Hampshire (no.74)

8"x8"x1", oil on masonite

SOLD

If you'd like to purchase a print of this painting, please feel free to visit my Etsy shop!

A very straightforward portrait of a beautiful summer day spent on Lake Monomanoc in New Hampshire.  In the back of my mind I am always searching for the perfect cloud formations for my taste, which are usually puffy cumulus clouds with a strong form that have high contrast bursts of white light in them, to paint from.  While sitting in the living room of the lake house I saw these and ran outside to capture them before they dissipated.  I have always been fascinated by these random masses of water vapor that can, for some reason, be so incredibly beautiful and moving to us humans.



This is how it would look framed (actual painting does not include frame):



1 comment:

  1. Mike,
    I am a graphic designer, who has recently "discovered" the painting a day movement. I have been looking at a lot of painter's blogs and just viewed every post you put up. Really like your paintings. Your development photos are especially helpful. I have completed 3 8x10 paintings in the last two weeks and hope to stick with it, set up a blog, and join dailypaintworks.com
    Carra

    ReplyDelete