Thursday, June 21, 2012

Red Rooibos and Tiger Lily (no.70)

8"x7.5"x1", oil on masonite

SOLD

If you'd like to purchase a print of this painting, please feel free to visit my Etsy shop!

Up until a few days ago, I had been sick with a nasty cold for about a week, forcing me to immobilize and recover.  This included not touching any painting, which proved to be incredibly difficult and very frustrating.  It feels great to be able to get back to it, and has shown me how important these small paintings have become to me as an emotional release. 

This still life is composed of a tiger lily head picked from our backyard and a pot of red rooibos tea, which was my best friend while sick.  The pot is an extra-fine glass tea infuser purchased by my girlfriend last year.



This is how it would look framed (actual painting does not include frame):


No comments:

Post a Comment