Friday, March 30, 2012

Roses and Hydrangeas (no.54)

12"x12"x1", oil on masonite

SOLD

I've had to replenish my brushes over the past two weeks, hence the scarce posting, but I am now fully equipped with awesome new brushes which is really refreshing after wearing down the same one good brush over the last 2 months.   This is an arrangement that a friend had sitting on a rustic looking table in her living room.  I thought the color combination of the flowers, wall, vase, table and necklace was begging to be used in a painting, and so here it is.  Also, the necklace was just sitting there; I did no arranging for this one.


This is how it would look framed (actual painting does not include frame):




1 comment:

  1. Love your treatment of the wood on the table. Very atmospheric all around. I found you on Etsy, but I'm also in Daily Paintworks. Will be bookmarking your blog!

    ReplyDelete