Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Pink Chrysanthemums (no.50)

8"x8"x1", oil on masonite

SOLD

If you'd like to purchase a print of this painting, please feel free to visit my Etsy shop!


This was taken from, that's right, another Thai restaurant, this time in Brooklyn.  I don't know what it is about Thai restaurants but they just seem to have spot on taste for the flowers that go on the table.  It's a mystery.  Anyway, this was a miniscule place with a 2 table dining area.  It was the perfect choice as we had been searching for the right restaurant for a half hour on a Saturday night in NY and this was an oasis in a desert full of impossibly long wait times.  The dark mood lighting was really beautiful and I noticed the flowers right away, once again snapping them with my iphone.  I got the basil chicken and it was amazing.

This is how it would look framed (actual painting does not include frame): 


 

1 comment:

  1. I love the color harmony in this piece. You do beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete