Thursday, February 16, 2012

Pink Roses (no.48)

8"x8"x1", oil on masonite

SOLD

If you'd like to purchase a print of this painting, please feel free to visit my Etsy shop!


These were sitting on our table at our favorite Thai restaurant and I decided to steal them with my iphone.  I'm a sucker for extreme light or dark in images, when the object is as close to black or white as possible with just a hint of color, so the barely pink flowers with the strong overhead restaurant bulbs lightening them even more appealed to me.  I also couldn't wait to paint the vase.  This is my first attempt at flowers ever and I hope it didn't come out too...flowery?  I guess I didn't want it to be too sentimental and fall into cliche, but even if it did, I had fun and learned a lot from painting it. 


This is how it would look framed (actual painting does not include frame):    



No comments:

Post a Comment