Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Aquinna Shade, Martha's Vineyard, MA (no.44)

8"x8"x1", oil on masonite

SOLD

If you'd like to purchase a print of this painting, please feel free to visit my Etsy shop!


This is another shot taken from my Martha's Vineyard trip last summer.  I loved the fiery look of this beach tree and the massive shadow it cast onto the field.  I also love when the vantage point of a landscape painting or photograph is really low to the ground as it gives the viewer the effect that are actually entrenched in the environment (at least that's what I was going for).  Andrew Wyeth is a perfect example of one who used this effect frequently; many of his horizon lines where barely an inch from the top of the painting making for very little sky and a lot of sweeping terrain. 


This is how it would look framed (actual painting does not include frame): 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment