Tuesday, January 10, 2012

House On The Edge Of The Cove (no.38)

8"x8"x1", oil on masonite panel


SOLD

If you'd like to purchase a print of this painting, please feel free to visit my Etsy shop!

This is still life #38 in my attempt at an ongoing "Painting A Day" challenge.  I took this photo on one of many visits to my friend's lakehouse in NH.  His house is hidden in a small cove and I repeatedly passed by this beautiful house on my right while kayaking out to the greater part of the lake.  I loved the dramatic lighting it got by being just on the edge with the sun hitting only one side and the cove darkening the rest.  I also love lake and beach houses in general, any kind of architecture so near the water is visually fascinating to me.

Best,

Michael

This is how it would look framed (actual painting does not include frame):


No comments:

Post a Comment