Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Blue Candle (no.42)

8"x8"x1", oil on masonite

SOLD

If you'd like to purchase a print of this painting, please feel free to visit my Etsy shop!


The orange glow created by the flame and its relation to the, one might say, "koolaid" electric blue candle wax caught my eye and inspired this painting.  I also "revisited" the windowsill from my third painting "Candleholder On Sill". My main objective for this painting was to not burn down our apartment while placing a lit candle near a curtain.  It's as close as I've gotten during this project to a high risk situation while photographing my subject.  Next: a wild bear.


This is how it would look framed (actual painting does not include frame): 

 



1 comment:

  1. I love it! The glow of the flame and it's reflection on the window frame is beautifully done, and the color is great too!

    ReplyDelete