Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Back View Of House On The Edge Of The Cove, NH (no.40)

8"x8"x1", oil on masonite panel

SOLD

If you'd like to purchase a print of this painting, please feel free to visit my Etsy shop!


This is an alternate view of one of my previous pieces "House On The Edge Of The Cove (no.38)".   I enjoyed trying to capture the unique glow effect with paint (a lot of adding and taking away before I finally settled on the right amount of glare).  The light cast onto the backyard grass and the colonial look of the house inspired a nostalgic feeling of late summers from my childhood spent in New England.  I love being able to try my hand at different realist effects like this in every painting.           

This is how it would look framed (actual painting does not include frame):


No comments:

Post a Comment