Monday, November 21, 2011

Gala Apple and Teaspoon (no.29)

8"x8"x1", oil on masonite panel

SOLD

If you'd like to purchase a print of this painting, please feel free to visit my Etsy shop!


 This is how it would look framed (actual painting does not include frame):  




This is still life #29 in my attempt at an ongoing "Painting A Day" challenge inspired by the likes of Duane Keiser and Abbey Ryan. I was looking to create a very somber, fall inspired and almost melancholic mood with this piece.  It was set up on an antique nightstand, giving it the dark cherry colored wood effect, in our bedroom with all the shades down save for one behind the bed.  This gave it just enough light to illuminate the vibrant gala apple hues and barely suggest the form of the spoon.  I really enjoyed playing with the balance of cadmium red and yellow on the apple while trying to hold onto the form, and struggled more with the spoon.  However I feel a great sense of accomplishment after completing anything glass or metallic as they are the most difficult surfaces for me to master.


No comments:

Post a Comment