Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Autumn Grass on Lake Monamanoc Progress

I guess I laid on the paint a little thick yesterday on the menemsha horizon painting, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow for it to dry to I can finish it. I use Liquin medium which is an alkyd based medium with a drying agent that speeds up drying time immensely (its already been said many times by many people, but it really is a miracle for oil painters), but I guess the oil to medium ratio was off on this one.

In the meantime I started an under painting for the next piece.  I really love painting this lake, especially with the onset of Fall giving it so many earthy hues.  The real challenge is going to be conveying the surface of the water as well as the transparency down to the lake floor.  I've always wanted to accomplish this effect but never really tried.  And that's what this is all about...













No comments:

Post a Comment