Monday, September 12, 2011

Origami Swan and Lake Monagnoc (no.10)

6"x6"x1", oil on masonite panel

One of a set of 2 small still lifes of origami swans taken from our trip to our friend's beautiful lake house in NH, 2nd one almost done.  Definitely more color than I'm used to, but I guess that's why I'm doing this in the first place!  It feels good to temporarily break from my usual muted palette and pump up the jam, if you will, with a whole slew of different, vibrant pigments. 

This was originally going to be on sale in a set of 2, but my girlfriend, who expertly crafted the swan itself, didn't want it to leave us, so she is now the rightful owner. SORRY AMERICA!

This past week has been busy and it's been difficult to keep up, but I am trying to compensate this week.  The second origami is almost ready to post, and more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment