Monday, August 22, 2011

Still Drying...

Unfortunately, the varnish on the donut peach painting is still slick after having all night to dry (this slightly worries me as I've already ruined a painting with varnish) so the final piece will be up tomorrow.  One thing I've learned from that painting is that leaving some things rough and unfinished can actually be a good thing as opposed to being a nazi about it and perfecting and tightening every detail..For example I like the 3rd to last progress pic on the peach much more than the last..but it is so hard not to try to gloss over things that seem raw and unorderly and get them to a more finished, although many times more dull, state.    

I have a new still life photo on the wall but haven't had time to paint it (had to make preparations for shipping the candleholder painting) so I might have to cram it in later tonight.  I don't want to kill myself trying to meet the daily quota, but the challenge is so inviting!  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment